Before Ever Getting Lost, Microchip Your Pet!
According to the Humane Society of the United States:
- One in three pets will become lost at some point in their lifetime. ONE in THREE!
- Only about 22 percent of lost dogs that entered the animal shelters were reunited with their families; however, the return-to-owner rate for microchipped dogs was over 52 percent (a 238 percent increase)!
- Less than 2 percent of lost cats that entered the animal shelters were reunited with their families. The return-to-owner rate for microchipped catswas dramatically higher at over 38 percent (more than 2000 percent better)!
- Only 58 percent of the microchipped animals’ microchips had been registered in a database with their pet parent’s contact information. Be sure to register your pet’s chip after it is implanted; don’t forget to contact the microchip company if you move or change your phone number. Keep your contact information current!
Contact us to have your pet microchipped today!
How To Keep Your Pet Safe from the ACCT Philly
- DO NOT leave your animal unattended for long periods of time. Many pets become lost because they have been outside in a yard or enclosure and they escape from an unnoticed opening.
- Always be sure your animal is wearing an appropriate collar with an identification tag and your contact information. If you change your telephone number, make sure you get a new tag for your pet with the updated information!
- License your dog. Dogs wearing city licenses are much more likely to be reunited with their families
- Microchip your pet.
- Secure all outside enclosures where you keep your pet
- NEVER walk your dog off leash.