Pet Wellness Screenings
Our Wellness Screening Special Benefits Pets of All Ages!
We are pleased to be able to offer a Wellness Screening Program for your pet that we think you won’t want to miss! For a limited time only, our reference laboratory is offering a discount which we are extending to you. This special offer ends 12/31/14
- Adult Pet Wellness Screen (normally $146) Now just $75 (Recommended for pets age 1-8 years.)
- Senior Pet Wellness Screen (normally $174) Now just $99 (Recommended for pets over 8 years of age.)
How will your pet benefit from a Wellness Screening?
A wellness screen for your ADULT dog or cat will provide a baseline to help us pick up underlying health issues that can often be addressed before they become more critical. If your pet has a perfect wellness report, this baseline allows us to more quickly identify problems when a future screen shows any area of concern. Thanks to advancements in veterinary care, our SENIOR pets are living longer, healthier, happier lives. Just because a pet is getting older doesn’t mean that declining health, slowing down, gaining weight, or changes in behavior are inevitable. In fact, baseline screening tests can help us detect early-stage diseases at a time when controlling, or even preventing problems may be possible and more cost effective.
What does an Adult Wellness Screen look for?
- A Comprehensive Blood Cell Count checks for anemia, infection, inflammation, and overall healthiness of the blood cells.
- A Chemistry Panel surveys many of the organ systems of the body to make sure they are working normally. It detects indications of diseases of the Liver, Kidneys, Pancreas (diabetes), Adrenal Glands and others.A Senior Wellness Screen covers all of the above and also includes:
- Thyroid Tests: Useful in diagnosing malfunctions of the thyroid gland.
- Urinalysis: Which assesses the health and function of the urinary system, such as detecting early kidney disease, infections, protein loss, crystals and stones.We can draw blood and collect urine (seniors) for this test while your pet is here for a wellness exam or even while lodging. Simply call us to schedule a convenient time.
We look forward to speaking with you about this valuable screening.