Meet Us Monday – Staff Spotlight
We will be spotlighting all of our special staff members this year on something we like to call "Meet Us Monday". You see our faces when you bring your pets in for medical treatment or lodging, but do you really know us? Do you know what song we would sing at Karaoke if given the choice? Do you know what we things we consider ourselves to be supremely terrible at doing? If we could travel anywhere in the world, where would we go? The answers to these questions and more can be found right here in our BLOG every Monday!!
Our first "Meet Us Monday" staff spotlight is Gerry, pictured here with her dog, Bo.
Job at TVH: Kennel Manager
Time at TVH: Eleven years
- If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go? Alaska
- What is your favorite type of music? Doo Wop
- What song would you sing at Karaoke night? Any Motown song
- What are your hobbies outside of work? I like to dance. I go jitterbug dancing most Sunday afternoons.
- Who are the pet members of your family? Bandit, Smokey, Angel (cats) and Bo (dog)
- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse or drive a car? Doesn't matter to me…I would do all three.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee.
- Strangest thing you have ever eaten? Duck. I wouldn't eat it again.
- If you were a superhero, what would your super power be? X-ray vision.
- In one word, how would your friends describe you? CRAZY!
- Do you collect anything? I collect vinyl records. I have 45s, cassettes, and every record Elvis Presley has ever made!
- On a scale of 1-10, how funny would you say you are? Probably an 8.
- Something that most people don't know about you? I play guitar and banjo. When I was in high school, I was the only girl in a band called "The Combo Kings". We played firehouses on Friday nights and actually got paid to play.
- Bungee jump, parachute from a plane or hang glide from a mountain? Definitely hang glide.
- If money was no object, what would you do all day? Travel…I'd love to go to Tennessee and visit Graceland.
- What is your favorite thing about working at Trooper Vet? I like coming to work. I get to work with animals every day and the people here are like family.
Be sure to check our blog again next week to meet another one of our great staff members!