Cats & Adderall
Animal Poison Control Centers across the country have reported an increase in CATS ingesting the human ADHD drug, ADDERALL. The usually finicky feline seems to find Adderall to be extremely palatable. Yet just ONE 20mg capsule can cause death! We have experienced this with some cats and dogs at our hospital and can tell you first hand the importance of acting quickly. When it comes to pets, you should safeguard your medications just like you would from a toddler. Keep ALL drugs locked safely away from pets and use extreme caution if even ONE capsule is dropped or lost. Contact us immediately if you suspect ingestion of any drug by your dog or cat. Every minute counts!